Parrish

Parrish Lantern's Casebook

Malt Whisky Drinking, Single Speed Bike Racing, Poetry Loving, Book-Fiend, & If This Makes Me Seem Cool, It's All In The Edit.

~~~

The Ideal Library Symbolizes Everything a Society stands for. A Society Depends On Its Libraries To Know Who it Is, Because Libraries Are Societies Memory (A. Manguel). This Is My Attempt To Construct My Ideal library.

Fire On Her Tongue: an eBook Anthology of Contemporary Women's Poetry

Fire On Her Tongue: an eBook Anthology of Contemporary Women's Poetry - Annette Spaulding-Convy, Kelli Russell Agodon, Wendy Wisner This project began as an idea shared between the two editors, Kelli Russell Agodon & Annette Spaulding-Convy, who after the purchase of a Nook and an I-Pad realised that poetry was being left behind in the eBook revolution. While technology was striving forward carrying with it, the novelists, memoirists and nonfiction writers, they felt that the poets were being left behind, and this left them with a question – could they do something about it?So, in 2011 they set about contacting their favourite female poets and asked them if they would feature in an eBook anthology. This left them with a new question, could they successfully tackle the formatting issues that would be raised by attempting to present poetry in this way, could they as editors of a print journal, publish the first eBook of contemporary women’s poetry?The result is Fire On Her Tongue, proudly featuring over 70 poets, each represented by several of their works and each having a small bio with a link to their own site. The poets age ranges from thirteen to ninety one and cover most of the USA, some are urban, some rural, some are academics or professionals, some are stay at home Mums, but all are poets.Negative Four Hundred.The rain carves patternsinto my window.It will be different this time,I promise,The words crisscross overstones.I remember she told me,Curved hips,they are like waves.She could hear my heartbeats,every breath.Every day we mapped it,found a beginning but no end.I whisper the nameof my being:human. Maya GanasenThis is a collection I've had for a while now and I'm constantly amazed at the range of poetry contained within it’s electronic pages. Yes they are all predominantly written by women living in America, which does limit it to an anthology of contemporary American women’s poetry, which would be a more accurate title, but that’s just a small niggle, and one that doesn't fit with the ethos behind Fire On Her Tongue, which was to represent Kelli Russell Agodon & Annette Spaulding-Convy favourite female poets in a way that would do them justice, in a way that left a zero carbon footprint, and was available on most eBook formats, such as Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Sony Reader, and other eBook retailers.This is a worthy addition to any E-library, in fact any library and one that you could constantly dive into and find new gems, maybe by poets already known but also by poets yet to have hit the mainstream of this genre, in this respect it provides a wonderful overview of the state of women’s poetry in America today and if this collection is anything to go by, it appears to be alive, well and vibrant, truly vibrant.